Sometimes I refer back to the Story of Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon, the two girls that made international headlines in 2014 when they disappeared in the northwest region of Panama. Their story captivated me for some reason.
If you don’t know the story, I recommend you visit the link at the bottom of this page. The following insight will make no sense to you if you don’t know their story.
Another Review of Their Photos
While I was reading over the story again, I decided to review their photos one more time. I know that their camera and mobile phone photos have been analyzed a thousand times by various people online but I also know that many people aren’t able to enhance the brightness, contrast, exposure and saturation in a professional graphics program. Fortunately, I have that ability.
This Specific Photo of Kris Kremers Caught My Eye
This photo of Kris Kremers was taken on April 1st, 2014 with Lisanne Froon’s phone on the same day that the girls went missing. Also, if you remember the story, you’ll remember that the girls phone records later showed that they started making their initial distress calls on their cell phones within 3 hours of initially embarking on thier hike. Therefore, if Kris Kremers is normal and happy, as she appears to be in this photo (and in the other photos in the series), it means that things took a bad turn for them relatively soon after this photo was taken.
When browsing the images that were on Lisanne Froon’s phone, I also noticed that a lot of other websites cropped off the top of this particular photo of Kris Kremers. The reason being, many people assume that she’s leaning over and looking down at the rock before her. However, upon closer inspection, she’s really ducking her head as to say “look at the things over my head”.
Given that most people crop off the top of this image, people would have missed the findings that I mention below. I searched Google and I found the complete photo with the highest resolution possible. Then I downloaded the photo and opened it up in my graphics editor.
I noticed a few peculiar things in the photo
I’m not sure if I’ve found something new here, but I haven’t found anyone else discussing these details online. I created this graphic and highlighted the unusual items that seemed peculiar to me:
In this photo of what looks like a cave, there are numerous possible items that suggest this place had been visited by other people.
Here is a quick recap of the graphic:
- There’s some type of red and black object at the top of the photo. It may be a plant, but it appears to have a definitive shape and it’s oddly located that the very center of the path with no other visible red things in the trees.
- There appears to be a visible roof-like structure above Kris’s head. It’s difficult to see when glancing at the photo, because it looks like Kris’s head is referencing something the ground. However, with the high resolution photo, you can more clearly see an organized structure over her head. Once you see it, you cannot unsee see it. The parallel side-supports would have been covered with leaves in order to make a suitable temporary roof.
- The main/central support bar (branch?) is underneath the lighter supports. This is impossible in natural conditions and shows that it was put in place and tied to the other supports to create a make-shift roof. Without being connected to the other supports, how would that wood branch stay in place?
- There’s a circular object hanging to the left of Kris. It looks like something hand-made. There is something white on the object, which looks like a white piece of cloth.
- It’s possible there’s a painted insignia on the post to right of Kris. Unfortunately the resolution is not high enough to identify any specific shapes, although it appears to contain the colors white and red.
- There appears to be a blue pieces of trash on the ground. Blue is an uncommon color in the rainforest for anything of that size.
Why do these things in the photo matter?
It’s thought that Kremers and Froon were exploring nature without anyone else around. However, if Kremers and Froon found manmade ramshackle structures during their hike, such as the possible items viewed in this photo, it’s possible they had unwanted company.
Perhaps this was a “cave hang-out spot” used by local teenagers. Perhaps it was created by indigenous tribes in the region. Regardless of who created it, the fact is that the women made emergency phone calls shortly after they visited this place. So this photo may possibly offer more insight into the story.
In 2020 – Indigenous People of Panama Found Committing Human Sacrifices
There are a lot of different indigenous tribes of Panama, most of which are peaceful. However, one particular group of indigenous people were discovered in January 2020 to be capturing people, torturing them and offering them as human sacrifices. Although it’s unlikely that this tribe was connected in the killings of Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon, it goes to show that it’s very possible to happen to these two girls, maybe by a different group of local people.
In the end, maybe this photo has more information that was originally thought. I have no idea. I’m just pointing out some peculiar things worth noting.
The link to the main page where I give complete details of the story:
Thank you for reading. My condolences to the families that experienced this terrible tragedy.